Up For A Challenge?

Every January for the past seven years, Adriene Mishler, my yoga teacher, has started the new year with a 30-day challenge: yoga every day for the whole month.  This will be my third year and I'm really looking forward to the event.

Each year's yoga journey has a theme: Home, Dedicate, True, etc.  This time it's Breath.  In the yoga world, breath is everything.  It can calm, invigorate, heal; it's the one thing we can control, that also keeps us alive and kicking.  Adriene has many practices on her YouTube channel and in every single one, she actively encourages listening to the breath; it's amazing really how effective it is to "find your breath" and use it.

I would truly like to invite anyone reading to join in.  It's free, it's rewarding beyond measure, you don't need any experience and all you have to do is show up every day.  An added benefit is the thrill of getting to January 31st and realizing you actually did it!!

Since January is shaping up to be filled with more chaotic crap from Trump and his minions, more deaths from the virus, and more uncertainty, I'm so very glad to have Adriene diverting my attention into something powerful and, above all, meaningful to refresh my spirit after surviving 2020.

The challenge is there.  Help yourself...


Comments