A Smile or Two...

This morning, whilst reading more grim news about COVID-19 than I ever wanted to know, I stumbled across a site that had happier stuff to make us feel a bit more cheerful during this terrible global crisis we all find ourselves in.  Since I'm sort of at a loss for something to write about--other than being in isolation**--I'm passing along the article.

Here is the link to the site at The Guardian.

There are some hilarious videos:  Two that are so cute of penguins let loose at the closed Chicago Aquarium; funny ones about being stuck with kids out of school; some with those wonderful Italians singing from their balconies; but the best is a Twitter thread from Anbara Salam where she recaps one of her most embarrassing moments of all time.  I was laughing so hard, I had to wipe my eyes towards the end.

Because being the cutest little Dachshund in the world is always worth a smile for us mere humans, here's a shot of wee Benny lounging on the back of the couch...


**Isolation can lead to cabin fever for those of us used to being constantly on the go.  My partner-in-crime is a most skilled woodcrafter.  Over last weekend, rather than bounce off the walls, he spent the time in his shop and surprised me with a pair of new lamps for the bedroom.  I love them, but was more happy he found an outlet for his energy.


I, on the other hand, am plowing through my ginormous TBR pile of books, have taken a few afternoon naps, binge-watched some shows on Netflix, and have cleaned out several over-stuffed cupboards--closets next!  As my Dad used to say:  "There's always something to do."  (And yeah, that used to drive me nuts!)

So, keep safe people, truly practice as much social distance as possible, and try to remember:  This too shall pass.

Comments