Too Cute Thursday

In the midst of all the chaos: virus, wildfires, politics, my sister and her husband decided to get a new dog.  Cooper, their adorable Jack Russell, had passed away in early January and the emptiness of not having a dog around the house got them looking for a new puppy a few months ago.

The breed they chose was a mini Aussie Shepherd and after much searching, they found a breeder and picked out their wee boy.  Sadly, just before they were due to pick up the puppy, three pups from the litter were discovered to have muscular hypertonicity and theirs was one of the affected.  So, after some tears and a week or so later, they found another breeder, closer to home, with puppies just a week younger than the original.

They had to wait from early August to mid-September but just when they were getting close, the wildfires exploded in Oregon.  The breeder was right in the fire zone, people getting evacuated, houses burning.  She called my sister, asked her if they could come right now, and last Saturday morning, they raced into the wilds and grabbed their new baby.

Funnily enough, I was reading the fire reports that morning and I knew the breeder lived in the area that was being evacuated and thought I better call my sister and see if the breeder would let the puppy go a week early.  When I called, they had just been home about 45 minutes, with the puppy!!

So, without further ado, let me introduce the newest addition to the family, and the most adorable wee pup ever--after Benny of course...

Finn, 7 weeks old...and according to my sister, the smartest puppy she's ever known!  He's already scratching at the door when he has to go out, plays hard, sleeps like a stone, is loving his new home and as you can see from the empty bowl, loves his food.  And look at those blue eyes!!  I can't wait to meet him in person, once the virus, wildfires and politics are over...

Comments