Discontent

 I've had the worst 10 days.  Nothing dramatic or catastrophic, just a seemingly endless barrage of bullshit and politics and divisiveness and brain-melting angst.  I struggle every single day to find some meaning to it all, and failing that, to find some way to stay positive in a negative climate; to not fall into the **Bog of Eternal Stench.

To no avail.  

I toss and turn, night after night, my mind railing against so many, many things.  What kind of world are we living in, people?  Hate and war, internet trolls and constant shaming, vitriol and racial injustice, brutality and lunacy, climate change and ignorance.

We woke up to thick, choking smoke yesterday morning.  After several days of fresh air, even a little bit of rain, we're back to zero visibility and breathing issues.  It's also hot, in the 90*s and muggy so it's a misery to have the house shut up to keep the smoke out.  The air is yellow and acrid.  Is this truly the new reality?

The presidential debate--better known as the presidential debacle--was appalling, and painful to watch.  I had to turn it off.  Trump is so clearly unqualified on every level to be president, it's just shocking.  And yet, his minions think he walks on water.  Which adds to my sleepless nights.  How can people be so blind?  How did this totally incompetent man end up as the 45th?  I find it scary and tragic...and I fear for his re-election.

The virus is still climbing.  Even in my very small southern Oregon town, we're getting about 10 new cases every week.  Most stores require masks though every time I go to the grocery store there are people flaunting not wearing masks as if they're better than the rest of us, rather than the reverse.

Last week was the Fall Equinox and the official end of Summer.  I'm looking forward to pumpkins and falling leaves and cool weather...and a reason to be holed up in the house that has nothing to do with fires, fiascos or fear.

Because a picture is worth a thousand words, I'm going to finish this post with two...

Here's how I would like to be feeling, all bright and glowing and positive:

And how I really feel, whilst hoping to get out of all this chaos and turmoil alive:

Namaste.


[**P.S. Can anyone name the movie with the Bog of Eternal Stench?  Here's a hint: It's one of my favorite David Bowie movies...]

Comments