Say What?

I've always gathered quotes.  No doubt, I could walk through my house right now and in every tablet, sticky note or the back of the Costco catalog, there will be something jotted down that I've either read or heard.  I have quotes on scraps of paper that became bookmarks, and bits torn from magazines stashed in folders and stuck with big push pins to my bookcase shelves and cork board.  I have a tiny notebook in my wallet filled with things I've heard, or read while out and about.  I have a large section set aside in my journals just for quotes; I even have journals that are only quotes.

There's no rhyme or reason to these collected thoughts, just, somehow they come my way and resonate, running the gamut from philosophers to movie stars, Buddhism to magic, history and politics.  I had several quotes to add into my journal this afternoon.  When I finished, I read all the quotes I have in there so far, which lead me to reread last year's bujo quotes as well.  I'm going to start putting a date on these as I find them.  I'm curious now: do these little messages arrive when I need them, or is it just a simple matter of perfectly appreciating what someone has said?  Or both.

Whatever.  Here are a few (a tiny, tiny few) to share...

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could 
not hear the music"      Friedrich Nietzsche

"One need not be a chamber to be haunted"      Emily Dickinson

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one 
remembers to turn on the light"        Albus Dumbledore

"Don't waste time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door"  Coco Chanel

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter"
Martin Luther King

"It is so easy to break down and destroy.  The heroes are those who make peace and build"      Nelson Mandela

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out"    Carl Sagan

And my favorite, maybe of all time:  
"May the bridges I burn light the way"   Unknown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Valentine's Day!!!  

Too bad I don't have a quote...



Comments