Simply Thankful

11/29/2019  Update:  This wonderful book was just chosen as Waterstones Book of the Year!!  Author of the year went to Greta Thunberg for her collection of speeches on climate change.  Heartfelt congratulations to both.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Early last month I was reading an article about a new book being published, written by well-known British illustrator Charlie Mackesy:  The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse.  In the article there were some drawings from the book.  Here's one of them...



I loved the simplicity of his artwork, but along with the words?  Well, I just had to see more of this intriguing little story.  I did some research, read more reviews and by the end of the day, I'd pre-ordered the book and then just had to wait until October 22nd.

Having now read it numerous times, I can safely say it's one of my favorite books.  It sits here with me at my desk and I often reach for it, randomly reading a page here and there, smiling at Mole ("cake"), pondering the words of Horse, loving the Boy, wondering what Fox thinks, he of such few words.

Here are two more drawings, both melt my heart and make me so very thankful, in this month of Thanksgiving, that Charlie Mackesy has such talent, whimsy and inspiration to share...

Both drawings Charlie Mackesy 2019

Would that the world had more moles and foxes, horses...and Charlies.


Comments