Dog Lessons

Sometimes there's only so much I can take in before thinking my head might explode.  I practice yoga five days a week, meditate, and strive to remain objective and calm in the face of looming disaster. Some days are better than others for sure, but this week has been a constant barrage with the relentless political chaos of Trump; the faltering British Brexit deal; the nuclear threats from North Korea; the Chinese trade tariff fiasco; Bolsonaro letting the Amazon forests burn; climate change; gun control; a Berlin Wall in America...yikes!  I could feel the pressure building this morning, like my brain was a balloon ready to pop at any moment.

Then I spied my wee dog, Benny, taking a nap, his head resting on his favorite toy, which he often uses as a pillow.  It made me smile.  And reconsider my day.  All he wants is love, a tummy rub, and doggy treats after a good walk. I can't get that basic, but I can chill, be in the simple moment of a crystal-clear Fall day with the sun streaming in the windows, and appreciate his laid-back example.

Much better way to spend my Sunday.  Thank you sweet boy...





Comments