Censorship...or How I ended up with a new blog today


Yesterday I was reading an article on the DailyMail website about the Duchess of Sussex leaving Cape Town and heading for Johannesburg with Archie.  There was an adorable photo of her at the airport carrying Archie close to her chest, slightly covered with a blanket.  For some reason, I scrolled down to the Comment section--something I rarely do as there are so many troll police these days, I can hardly stand it.  And yep, there they were--amongst a small group of supportive folks--the haters, spewing their vitriol about how she couldn't carry Archie properly, what a bad mother she was, how fake Prince Harry is, blah blah.  I'm just getting so disgusted at the constant attacks on these two, that I did something else I rarely do:  I left my own comment…a quick, one sentence observation.  

Imagine my astonishment when I opened my email this morning to find the moderator for DailyMail had deleted my comment due to so many complaints about what I’d said.  

Holy Support the Haters, Batman!  

I’ve never been censored in my life and compared to the hate-filled maliciousness of the other comments, my meager little sentence certainly did not justify censorship.  So, because free speech is inherent in my makeup as an independent American female with her own damn opinions, I’m posting this on my new blog where I trust I will NOT be censored for making a statement in defense of a much maligned fellow human being.

Oh.  Wondering just what that heinous censored comment was?  “What miserable lives you all must lead to spend time criticizing a loving mother and her obviously happy and healthy baby.”  

C’mon…really??  Guess I know which side of the love/hate fence the DailyMail is on.

Comments