Something For Monday

I will post again later in the week, but thought I would just share a little story and photo from an incident that happened this weekend...

Last week was a bit hectic, even fraught at times, so on Saturday morning I made a big pot of Zuppa Toscana that would carry us through the weekend--mainly so I wouldn't have to cook for a few days and could catch up on other things.  The soup turned out delicious, as always.

So, Sunday rolls around, I get the Crockpot container out of the fridge, turn it on and woo hoo, things are all ready for leftovers that night and I don't have to give dinner another thought.

Two hours later.  I'm making a quick lunch and in passing, skim my hand over the outside of the Crockpot.  What?  It's stone cold, like straight out of the fridge cold. I can't figure out what has gone wrong.  Is the Crockpot suddenly broken?  Then I realize...crap, I forgot to plug it in!  I grouse and whinge a bit about my apparent lack of brain cells; all the while Nick is laughing.

Later, coming back to check that all is well and the soup is actually heating up, I see this:


And yeah, I burst out laughing.  It made an intense week end with a bit of humor that was much appreciated.  Happy Monday everyone...!!

Comments