Twenty Twenty


Wow, here we are, at the beginning of a new year and a new decade.  Although, for some reason all this newness has me feeling more...I don't know, fraught, nervous, a bit scared maybe?

We're at our own place in history right now as 2020 has arrived.  But instead of looking forward to it, I find myself dreading that catchy, cheerful combo of numbers because it means election year.  UGH!!!  I can't even imagine what chaos and crap is coming over the next several months until November.

So, to balance my sense of impending doom (okay, a bit dramatic, but still...), I going to do my best in this new year to be positive and hope for the best; try to hold tight to what's good in this world rather than be swallowed by the terrible; cherish the little, simple things in life that really matter.

To start out the way I mean to go on:  Early this morning I watched the Rose Bowl Parade while making beans and sauce in the crock pot for red beans and rice, my go-to meal for every New Year's Day more years than I can count. The aroma is wafting down the hall from the kitchen as I write, fragrant and soothing.  Later today I'll make the rice and corn bread muffins and that will hopefully set the tone for the coming days: home, warmth, comfort.

I also began a yoga challenge today: Home, A 30 Day Yoga Journey with Adriene, the yogi instructor I practice with Monday thru Friday on YouTube.  This will definitely be a challenge for me.  Some mornings I moan and groan and really have to make myself get on the mat; my reward is weekends off.  Doing 30 days in a row ought to either kill me or make me invincible by the end of the month.

So peeps, join me in hoping for a better world, starting with 2020.   Believe that we can make positive change for the good, and remember that kindness and a smile can make all the difference.

Happy New Year !!!

(Sunrise photo from my front porch just before Christmas)

Comments